There are 7 major chakras. Minor ones on hands and feet and shoulders. When we give or receive a reiki treatment we balance the chakras. If there is a problem area, check the closest chakra. They hold the entire body together. Described often as a wheel-like spinning vortex. They are cones shaped and are also called lotuses, symbolizing the unfolding of flower petals. They can be opened or closed, dying or budding. They each have a varied number of petals or spinning discs.
The chakras are very complex, extend beyond physical body out into the universe. They function as transformers each has a different vibration and specific characteristics,balance is the key.
1. Muladhara is the name, color is red. Located between the legs: survival aggression and fear. Self image, too much energy macho aggressive person. Too little spacey, have a hard time saying no. Out of balance problems with the bowels,lower back, tail bone, anus rectum and hemorrhoids. Hands and feet correlate.
2. Swadhisthana is the name,color is orange. Located a little above the sacral: pleasure and sex, creativity, sexuality, sensual. Connected to the self image. Having fun give your self-permission. The only one who will is you. Under active due to conditioning, feelings of unworthiness. Out of balance problems with the genitals, reproductive systems, stomach and urinary track. Ankles and feet correlate.
3. Manicure is the name, color is yellow. Located in the solar plexus: seat of our emotions. It is connected to issues of control, domination and sub-mission. Too much energy in the solar plexus lots of drama in your life. Too little depression can hit. Out of touch emotionally flat. If we are balanced much more spontaneous. Organs in the diaphragm, liver stomach, gall bladder, kidneys, spleen, calves and forearms correlate.
4. Anahata is the name, color is green. Located in the middle of the sternum. Real love is the key here unconditional love. As a species we are moving into the heart chakra. Consciously move into the heart with equal love for all people. Shift your perspective a little. Any heart problems are heart chakra issues. Old people get heart problems too much disappointment. As a stream of consciousness we are moving into the heart. Problems with blood, circulation, arteries, thymus, lungs and esophagus. Elbows and knees correlate.
5. Visuddha is the name, color is blue. Located in the throat: higher creativity, creative verbal expression. Important to learn to say what you need to, without being destructive. Key is not to explode. Sleep center problems treat throat (thyroid) best way to balance the throat chakra is to sing. Out of balance anything to do with speaking, neck, mouth, teeth, jaw and parathyroid. Shoulders and arms correlate.
6. Ajna is the name, color is indigo. Located at the brow center: intuitive center. Connected to both sides of brain. Someone who is off balance has a lot of ego energy. Control issues. Out of balance eyes, ears, nose, headaches, insomnia. Upper thighs correlate.
7. Sahasrara is the name, color is violet. Located crown of head: the crown you cannot open it or close it. The crown center opens as we open spiritually. Wisdom, transpersonal awareness. If a person refuses could have a stroke, brain tumor. It's all about balance.